It’s no secret: everybody hates heavy traffic. Whether you’re being substantially slowed down due to some sort of roadside construction event, or rerouted because of a simple fender-bender accident on a main road, such circumstances are enough to put us all in a bad mood.
Too often, people look at the various portable barricades, pavement stencils, truck mounted arrow boards, and other traffic control products as the cause of our misery, since it’s these things we have to obey. However, stepping back and looking at the big picture, these products are actually what keep traffic moving at as fast a pace as possible.
Without proper traffic control plans, products, and the people there to enforce them, traffic would come to a screeching halt. If you thought simple construction projects were an inconvenience during your daily commute, imagine how you’d get around in the face of major traffic accidents, pile-ups, and large-scale congestion due to the anarchy that would ensue.
Why Sacramento Traffic Control Is Important for Roadside Construction
In order for Sacramento’s infrastructure to be maintained and to grow, roadside construction needs to take place and the workers to provide this construction have to remain safe. Sure, we all hate seeing traffic in front of us slow to a crawl, and might complain while driving by a busy construction site on a road that just yesterday seemed fine, but this kind of work is a necessary part of living in a functional society.
California traffic control, with all of the water filled barricades and portable traffic signals that come with them, make it possible for our growing population to thrive, rather than devolving into a perpetual state of traffic congestion.
The main factors that Sacramento traffic control takes into consideration are:
- Worker safety
- Driver safety
- Pedestrian safety
The efficiency of the work and the safety of property are all secondary to the safety of people. Without the traffic control plans and products that necessarily slow traffic down, everyone risks their lives. In the end, this actually speeds up traffic. The reason for this is simple. Imagine a construction worker is hit by a vehicle. Medical vehicles, as well as police vehicles, have to essentially stop and redirect traffic in order to close off a highly controlled area so that medical and legal proceedings can occur. Now, rather than moving slowly, you aren’t moving at all.
The Importance of Sacramento Traffic Control for Your Fuel Economy and the Pollution Levels of Our City
California traffic signs do more than just control the way you drive, they keep traffic streamlined as well. As stated above, without traffic control plans and signs, massive, large-scale accidents and congestion would occur.
Furthermore, streamlined traffic helps you save on fuel economy. When you have the ability to drive at a relatively consistent pace, rather than stopping and starting suddenly, you use up less fuel. Sudden accelerations expend far more fuel. Not only that, but they increase fuel emissions, which contributes to greater air pollution in our city.
The Importance of Sacramento Traffic Control in Mitigating Road Rage Incidents
Road rage is an incredibly destructive impulse in people for many reasons. One, it is essentially “impersonal”. We don’t see the person we are enraged at directly, only the box of mobile metal they are encased in. Two, we ourselves are enclosed in what is essentially a private room. These instances lead to the worst instincts in people coming out, and we tend to make irrational and incredibly dangerous decisions behind the wheel as a result.
Poor traffic control can lead to a higher amount of road rage incidents. The simple fact of having improper California traffic signs, missing or faded out pavement marking stencils, and other traffic control products means people end up making improper driving moves. This as a result creates animosity from the people around them.
Any time someone aggressively slams on the gas, cuts someone off, or speeds next to or around someone, lives are being put at risk. Our vehicles aren’t just vehicles – they’re dangerous killing machines if used improperly.
Road rage is especially dangerous in areas where roadside construction is taking place. Improper traffic control plans or a lack of pavement stencils and portable traffic signs can lead to people making all kinds of bad driving moves, and from there, inspiring anger from those around them.
Capitol Barricades Provides the Equipment You Need for Proper Sacramento Traffic Control
As a company that’s been dedicated to traffic control for over 30 years, we’ve seen it all. We know what it takes to make traffic run safely and efficiently, be it a:
- Parking lot
- Work zone lot
- Roadside construction site
- Street or highway
- Truck mounted arrow boards
- Portable arrow boards
- Parking lot stencils
- Traffic control plans
- Portable barricades
- Pavement stencils
- Portable traffic signs
- Portable traffic signals
- Traffic control rental equipment of all kinds
- Water filled barricades
- Parking lot striping stencils
- Aluminum stencils
- Road marking stencils
- Arrow boards for trucks
- Ver Mac portable traffic signals
And plenty more.
Functions of Our Sacramento Rental Equipment
- Construction Barricades – Some of the most important Sacramento traffic control products we offer, these barricades are made to absorb the impact of vehicles, and redirect them from workers and pedestrians. In doing so, they also protect the driver as much as possible. Overall, these portable barricades mitigate the consequences of traffic accidents. They are also very easy to set up, transport, and put away after their use.
- Construction, Safety, and Traffic Cones – We offer a range of these products to allow drivers to safely merge lanes, and direct traffic safely alongside or away from construction projects or other areas that vehicles should be avoiding. They are made specifically to be highly visible both day and night.
- Delineators – We offer temporary arrow top delineators, all of which include 12 pound bases to keep them stable. They are available in yellow, white, and orange.
- Barrier Tape – This is an easy way of closing off certain areas in which vehicles or pedestrians are not allowed.
- Temporary Traffic Lights – These are fantastic options for projects like bridge repair, one-lane work, and similar projects.
- Transverse Rumble Strips – These alert drivers through both sound and physical sensations in the body. They will snap drivers into alertness, and are easy to set up and tear down.
- Traffic Control Signs – All of our California traffic control signs are made in strict conformity with regulations from the California DOT and ADA.