About Capitol Barricade's Traffic Supply Store
When it comes to California traffic signs, portable barricades, and equipment rentals for traffic control, Capitol Barricade has everything you need. As a locally owned traffic supply store with almost 40 years of experience, we’ve seen it all, and have a keen eye for what is required at virtually any roadside construction project, street, parking lot, or work zone area. As a licensed contractor for Construction Zone Traffic Control, not only do we offer a wide range of equipment for rent or for sale, we can help you construct the perfect traffic control plan, including setting it up and tearing it down after the job is done. Our services include:
- And maintenance of your work zone projects
Our Sacramento portable barricades are incredibly valuable assets to have for traffic control for the following reasons:
- They’re very durable.
- Many of them are made specifically for absorbing the impact of vehicles, and redirecting the vehicles away from workers. The intent is to keep the driver, workers, and pedestrians safe.
- They’re made to be easy to set up, move around, and tear down once the job is complete.
We offer everything from type 1, type 2, and type 3 barricades (basic orange and white wood barricades meant to give drivers visual cues) to heavy duty barricades that can withstand the impact of vehicles. Some of these heavier barricades include:
- SLED™Crash Cushion – SLED stands for “Sensory Longitudinal Energy Dissipator”. It is a narrow, non-redirective gating crash cushion, and made specifically to shield the end of all permanent and temporary portable barrier shapes (this includes plastic, steel, and concrete)
- CrashGard® Sand Barrel Systems – This is a non-redirective, gating sand barrel that works as a crash cushion. It is comprised of a barrel, lid, and insert. Its single universal barrel works with all weight requirements.
- SafetyRail® ADA-Compliant Pedestrian Barricade – As the name implies, this barricade meets all ADA Guidelines, as well as all MUTCD 2009 Edition Standards as both a longitudinal channelizer and a sidewalk closure.
- SafetyWall™ ADA-Compliant Pedestrian Barricade – This Sacramento portable barricade is a detectable device allowing walk zones where pedestrians can be safe.
- TrafFix™ Water-Wall Water-Filled Barrier – This is a durable side protective temporary crash barrier system. It accommodates a wide variety of work zones and situations that require traffic control. It can do everything from ensure work-zone safety on highways and roads, to protect pedestrians near or surrounding a construction site.
California Road Signs for Traffic Control
No matter what kind of sign you might need, we either have it on hand, or can create it. We have a wide variety of commonly used traffic signs available at our sign shop, including:
- Warning signs
- Information signs
- Traffic control signs
- Stop and yield signs
- Lane usage and turn signs
- Regulation and movement signs
- One way and divided highway signs
- Parking signs
However, if you need something a bit more personalized, such as a sign with your own custom message or a design that you can’t find anywhere else, we can create it for you in virtually no time at our sign shop using our custom CNC router.
Other Rental Equipment at Our Sacramento Traffic Supply Store
- Construction, safety, and traffic cones – These are one of the best ways of controlling traffic flow in almost any given area. They can be used to separate areas within work zones, direct traffic alongside work zones, separate lanes, merge lanes, and generally keep everything safe and orderly.
- Delineators – Our temporary arrow top delineators are available with 12 pound bases to keep them stable, and come in either yellow, orange, or white.
- Barrier tape – An easy way to block off areas from foot and vehicle traffic. Our barrier tape is durable and highly visible.
- Transverse rumble strips – One of our most reliable forms of Sacramento traffic control, these are portable strips that, when driven upon, alert drivers via sound and vibrations in the body. They will keep drivers from entering forbidden areas.