When it comes to California traffic signs, portable barricades, and equipment rentals for traffic control, Capitol Barricade has everything you need. As a locally owned company with almost 40 years of experience, we’ve seen it all, and have a keen eye for what is required at virtually any roadside construction project, street, parking lot, or work zone area. As a licensed contractor for Construction Zone Traffic Control, not only do we offer a wide range of equipment for rent or for sale, we can help you construct the perfect traffic control plan, including setting it up and tearing it down after the job is done. Our services include:
- And maintenance of your work zone projects
Otherwise known as Intelligent Work Zone Systems, our iTraffic systems will help ensure the safety of workers, drivers, and pedestrians. Sacramento traffic control plans simply aren’t complete without our iTraffic systems. These are Queue Monitoring Systems that help inform drivers as they approach work zones and traffic situations they are about to encounter. These systems utilize leading technology and are incredibly easy to use. Safety is our first priority, and that means offering equipment that provides the maximum ease of use. Simply place our pre-programmed equipment at the desired area, and make sure it’s ON. It will do the rest for you.
The QMS1000 uses a PCMS (portable changeable message sign) and a trailer mounted arrow board that includes a radar system and modem. It monitors approaching traffic and displays messages (that can be preprogrammed) to the drivers depending on their behavior.
If traffic is moving at a normal speed, it can display a message that simply reads: UPCOMING ROAD WORK at a distance of one to two miles. As traffic begins to slow, it will notice the change and then display a message reading SLOW TRAFFIC AHEAD. If traffic stops, it will sense the change and display the message STOPPED TRAFFIC AHEAD.
These are some of the most convenient Sacramento portable traffic signs for traffic control, as when queuing occurs near the PCMS, it will sense the queue and send an alert via text to the person in charge of traffic control, or to the Traffic Management Center. These alerts can help those in charge of traffic control know when it’s time to relocate the PCMS, or if other traffic queuing measures need to take place.
What distinguishes this iTraffic system from the QMS1000 model is that it includes an additional PCMS with a modem, offering a wider range of messaging ability. This is a better way of keeping drivers alert for certain situations, especially if the upcoming work zone is particularly large or requires specific behavior from the motorists.
PCMS #1 can read STOPPED TRAFFIC AHEAD while the PCMS #2 can read PREPARE TO STOP.
This system also allows for actual travel time delays to be sensed and displayed to drivers. One of the signs can read EXPECT 10 MIN. DELAY.
Both of the above Sacramento portable traffic signs will make a fantastic and often necessary addition to any work zone project.
Sacramento Rental Equipment
You’re getting ready for a project. That means you’re looking to get something done. It’s a temporary endeavor. For that, you only need equipment on a temporary basis.
Here is what we offer at Capitol Traffic services:
Our Sacramento portable barricades are incredibly valuable assets to have for traffic control for the following reasons:
- They’re very durable.
- Many of them are made specifically for absorbing the impact of vehicles, and redirecting the vehicles away from workers. The intent is to keep the driver, workers, and pedestrians safe.
- They’re made to be easy to set up, move around, and tear down once the job is complete.
We offer everything from type 1, type 2, and type 3 barricades (basic orange and white wood barricades meant to give drivers visual cues) to heavy duty barricades that can withstand the impact of vehicles. Some of these heavier barricades include:
- SLED™Crash Cushion – SLED stands for “Sensory Longitudinal Energy Dissipator”. It is a narrow, non-redirective gating crash cushion, and made specifically to shield the end of all permanent and temporary portable barrier shapes (this includes plastic, steel, and concrete)
- CrashGard® Sand Barrel Systems – This is a non-redirective, gating sand barrel that works as a crash cushion. It is comprised of a barrel, lid, and insert. Its single universal barrel works with all weight requirements.
- SafetyRail® ADA-Compliant Pedestrian Barricade – As the name implies, this barricade meets all ADA Guidelines, as well as all MUTCD 2009 Edition Standards as both a longitudinal channelizer and a sidewalk closure.
- SafetyWall™ ADA-Compliant Pedestrian Barricade – This Sacramento portable barricade is a detectable device allowing walk zones where pedestrians can be safe.
- TrafFix™ Water-Wall Water-Filled Barrier – This is a durable side protective temporary crash barrier system. It accommodates a wide variety of work zones and situations that require traffic control. It can do everything from ensure work-zone safety on highways and roads, to protect pedestrians near or surrounding a construction site.
California Road Signs for Traffic Control
No matter what kind of sign you might need, we either have it on hand, or can create it. We have a wide variety of commonly used traffic signs available at our sign shop, including:
- Warning signs
- Information signs
- Traffic control signs
- Stop and yield signs
- Lane usage and turn signs
- Regulation and movement signs
- One way and divided highway signs
- Parking signs
However, if you need something a bit more personalized, such as a sign with your own custom message or a design that you can’t find anywhere else, we can create it for you in virtually no time at our sign shop using our custom CNC router.
Other Rental Equipment at Our Sacramento Traffic Supply Store
- Construction, safety, and traffic cones – These are one of the best ways of controlling traffic flow in almost any given area. They can be used to separate areas within work zones, direct traffic alongside work zones, separate lanes, merge lanes, and generally keep everything safe and orderly.
- Delineators – Our temporary arrow top delineators are available with 12 pound bases to keep them stable, and come in either yellow, orange, or white.
- Barrier tape – An easy way to block off areas from foot and vehicle traffic. Our barrier tape is durable and highly visible.
- Transverse rumble strips – One of our most reliable forms of Sacramento traffic control, these are portable strips that, when driven upon, alert drivers via sound and vibrations in the body. They will keep drivers from entering forbidden areas.