Northern California Traffic Control Sign Shop
For over thirty years, Capitol Barricade has been providing traffic control systems to the Northern California area. We proudly offer a full service sign shop that has a CNC router to create custom street signs, custom shapes, flat-cut letters, etc. We also offer the rental and sales of traffic control equipment like, arrow boards, barricades, cones and changeable message boards. As your traffic control sign shop we also design and manufacture work area and project signs. We can create permanent regulatory and warning signs, custom signs and banners. WIth our CNC router we are able to create any sign made from the following materials:
- Sign Foam
Street Signs in Northern California
Regulatory signs are used to clearly indicated the requirements that imposed by the road regulations. All of our Regulatory signs conform to the California DOT regulations and ADA regulations. Our signs are designed for optimal visibility during both the day and night, unless stated otherwise. Our regulatory signs include, but are not limited to:
- Speed limits and enforcement.
- Lane control, passing and slow traffic lanes.
- One way and divided highways.
- Road features, like roundabouts or closed roads.
- Weight limits, truck routes and truck speed limits.
- Parking, Yielding and Stop signs.
If you need a custom regulatory sign from your traffic control sign shop, we are more than happy to accommodate your needs.
Warning signs are important for alerting drivers or roadway users of an unforeseen condition on the road.These can include drivers needing to reduce their driving speed, an action for safety or promoting efficient traffic operations. Unless otherwise noted, warning signs are usually diamond shaped with a black edged border and a yellow background. Capitol Barricade creates and designs warning signs for the following road conditions:
- Traffic control, road width, surface conditions and weather warnings
- Traffic control notices and intersections
- Additional information to add on to preexisting road signs
If you are looking for a specific traffic control sign, we can create custom signs at our Northern California traffic control sign shop.
Temporary Traffic Control Signs
Even though we all may moan and groan about road work, it is something that must be done to maintain our roadways so that they remain smooth and actually drivable. Capitol Barricade’s custom designed signs can help people move smoothly along the road while construction is going on. We can’t guarantee that you won’t be caught in a traffic jam on your way to work, but we can guarantee clear visible signs to help make the roadways safe. Our temporary traffic control signs include messages that feature:
- Roads undergoing construction
- Utility and and maintenance work
- Road work, work zone and end of work
- Incident management
Under the American with Disabilities Act, we create signs that are both clearly visible to read visually and to read through tactile touch. This does not mean that only braille is added to these signs, but also that they are created with glare for people with impaired vision so they are able to clearly read these signs. The custom ADA signs we create at our traffic control shop include:
- Restroom signs
- Handicap Parking and Fine signs
- Informational and Safety signs
- Window inserts and custom ADA signs
Banners And Project Signs
Do you need a banner for your next event or upcoming project? Capitol Barricade makes custom designed banners and project signs at our traffic control sign shop to fit any and all of your needs. We use state of the art technology to create a custom banner that will effectively communicate your message. We create full color banners out of latex. You can choose any of the following design element for your banner or project sign:
- Banners – Full Color Digital, Gloss, Matte, Hemmed or Grommets
- Project Signs – Full Color Digital, Plywood , Aluminum, Coroplast
At Capitol Barricade traffic control shop we also offer a variety of stencil services. Our road stencils are thin, thermalized aluminum sheets or polymer plastic sheets that can be cut to have different shapes or characters from each sheet. These sheets can be cut into any shape, design or style. There are many different advantages to using Capitol Barricade stencils, the include:
- Safety and Order – Stencils are one of the key factors for keeping roadways safe and orderly. Imagine roadways without markings – how would you know if you were driving on the right side of the road or even on the rod? Road stencils keep roads from becoming slow and confusing.
- Cheap and Easy to Produce – Number and letter kits make sure that common signs can be made on the fly and CNC router cutters provide remarkable precision to achieve any desired design. We have a custom CNC router to create ANY stencil you need. For a versatile and low-cost traffic management solution, stencils are the way to go.
- Custom Designs – any complex shape can be cut and produced with a high precision and top-notch quality using our CNC router. as can only be expected from a business like Capitol Barricade.
Why Choose Capitol Barricade?
With so many different options to choose from and custom design possibilities at our traffic control shop, Capitol Barricade is sure you will be able to find what you are looking for. We also offer rental services for all of our traffic control systems if you are looking for a one time, temporary need. We offer these other services for all your traffic planning:
- Construction cones
- Safety cones
- Traffic cones
- Stop signs
- Safety signs
- Temporary traffic lights
- Custom traffic signs
- Two-way traffic signs
- Hard road barricades
- Construction barriers
- Barrier tape
- Transverse rumble strips
Still not seeing what you need for your next project? Unsure of what you need to secure your work zone? Capital Barricade can assist you in planning and executing your plans for your next project or event. Capitol Barricade’s traffic control sign shop is the right choice for you. “We build job specific traffic control plans and we offer old fashioned friendly advice.”